Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Am I getting through?????

I have a survey of fine arts high school class. I am going through the different eras of music starting from ancient music to modern day music. I don't have any text book so all of my lesson plans come from the frameworks. I have to use my college books to create my notes for my lesson. It's not the easiest thing that I have ever done. I know that learning about the different eras of music can be very boring and I am really trying to make it fun, but sometimes I wonder if there is any way. In the next section (Baroque), I'm going to group the students in twos or threes and have them write their own opera. (They won't have to sing it :), the just have to write a story). I'm not sure how this is going to go over, but we'll see.

Sometimes I sit back and wonder are they even learning anything? I really don't want them to be bored but what else can I do? I'm not a fan of looking out over the classroom and seeing blank stares and glassy eyes.

Oh, well, I guess this is one of the not so great days, because there have been days that I go home on cloud nine because it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment